Residential Volunteer Position OPEN
Position: Handywoman / Handyman
Join our team at Kalapa to accomplish the altruistic aspirations of Khentrul Rinpoché. Create virtue by supporting the Dzokden community at Kalapa in this sacred retreat place while enjoying the wonderful Spring at the Austrian mountains.
Volunteer Position open for the following periods
(please inform us for which period applying):
1) Spring 2023, 2) Spring 2024, 3) Spring 2025
Duration: from 1 to 3 months.
Working Language: German or English. Exceptions are possible for exceptional cases.
Volunteer Schedule: expected dedication time is 30 – 40 hours a week.
Agreement: the volunteering work does not establish any working relationship between the volunteer and Dzokden / Dzokden Kalapa. We will sign a volunteer agreement before starting the residency. Your personal health insurance and pension costs need to be covered by yourself.
We are looking for: a person with a strong sense of handiwork who is able to manage her/his work independently after being introduced to the place and projects, with attention to detail and a positive attitude, and who is well-organized and apt in problem-solving. It is also helpful if you are capable of working both alone and with assistants, or as a part of a team when this is necessary during the Kalapa Cares.
What we offer:
(1) Food, full board (volunteers cook together during events; you can cook independently if there are no events running).
(2) an Individual Room (except you are staying in a period where an event has been planned).
(3) Access to the Yoga Room, Kalachakra Temple and Kalachakra Stupa for practice, study and meditation (except when there is a closed retreat taking place).
(4) Free Access to Courses, Teachings and Empowerments online offered by Dzokden worldwide during the residency period.
(5) Access to facilities such as wi-fi etc.
(6) An Official Invitation Letter in case this helps your ability to leave your place for the period.
(7) An Inspiring Environment of altruistic dedication to the Three Jewels.